Town of Sanford issued the following announcement on Mar. 24.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the City of Sanford is closing all municipal facilities to the public until further notice effective 5:00 p.m. today.
While municipal facilities are closed to the public, employees will continue to work on a regular schedule. However, all business will be conducted by phone, email, or through our website to the greatest extent possible. Municipal facilities will operate by appointment only during normal business hours for critical business that cannot be done online or over the phone.
This closure includes the Sanford Municipal Center, the Public Works Service Center, the Sanford Fire Department, and local government offices at the Buggy Company Building. The Sanford Municipal Golf Course remains open under safety restrictions.
The Sanford Police Department will also be closed to the public during this time except for emergency situations.
Detailed information for each department is located on the Coronavirus Information section of our website here.
ONLINE & PHONE SERVICES
- Make utility payments online at www.sanfordnc.net, at our payment drop box located in the circular drive at the Sanford Municipal Center, at any local pay station, by mail, or by phone at 919-775-8215 using a credit or debit card.
- Apply for water and sewer service by calling 919-775-8215 or visit the Utility Services section of our website.
- Apply for water and sewer connections by calling 919-777-1122 or 919-777-1155.
- Planning services can be accessed on our website here.
- View our job openings and find out how to apply here.
- Access arrest, crash, and incident reports here.
- Emergencies – 911
- Public Safety (Non-Emergency) – 919-775-8268
- Utility Services – 919-775-8215
- Engineering – 919-777-1122
- Public Works – 919-775-8247
- Inspections & Building Permits – 919-718-4654
- Planning Department – 919-718-4657
The North Carolina Statewide COVID-19 hotline can be reached by calling 1-866-462-3821.
The City of Sanford has suspended late fees and disconnection of utility services for nonpayment of bills. Residents should still pay their bills as normal if they are able, as debts and outstanding charges are not being forgiven.
All municipal parks and playgrounds are closed. However, the Endor Iron Furnace Greenway remains open.
All scheduled events and meetings of the City of Sanford’s boards and commissions have been canceled until further notice.
The City still plans to hold the Sanford City Council meeting on April 7. Whether the meeting will be held in-person or via an online stream will be determined closer to the date of the meeting.
As this situation is fluid, please check back for updates on the City’s Facebook page and website.
Coronavirus Information for Sanford, NC
Original source: https://www.sanfordnc.net/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=207